Sunday, September 9, 2012

We are engaged!!! Finally!!!

OK, so it's officially been FOREVER since I posted. So I'm slowly updating, little by little, with major events and trips. 

It was during our trip to New Orleans that Todd proposed. I had been anxious our entire trip...I thought for sure there would be a ring in my stocking! There wasn't. Then I thought for sure he would ask under the fireworks on New Years! He didn't. Until finally, on the last day of our trip, he came to my hotel room early in the morning, still dark out early, and asked me to watch the sun rise with him. So even though I was sick, literally snot-nosed and sore-throated, I threw on some sweats, put my hair in a ponytail, and off we went.

It was sprinkling outside and pretty overcast, and Todd asked if I wanted to get closer to the water, because we might be able to see the sun rise better by the river...so along we walked. And as we stood looking out over the river, him standing behind me with his arms around me, he started talking about our trip, and how nice it was, and how we should go on another trip, a longer one. This baffled me because I had been out of town for almost 2 weeks at this point!

And then he turned me around...and got down on one knee...and out came this gorgeous ring...and he asked, "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" And in all honesty, with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes, the first words out of my mouth were, "Are you serious???" And Todd responded, while smiling, "Well if I wasn't that would be a really mean joke!"

And then finally, I SAID YES!!!!

He knows what I like!


And then we bought this pink suitcase  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment