Sunday, September 9, 2012

Linkin Park Concert - Valentine's Day 2011

I'm not usually very good at surprising people, as I'm not very good at keeping a secret. Especially from Todd. I usually end up asking him if he wants to know what I'm planning. And then end up telling him anyways. Lame...I know.

However, this time, I succeeded! Fortunately for me, one of Todd's brothers lives in Las Vegas, which helped with my surprise. I requested the weekend off in advance and had been dropping little hints here and there that we should drive up to visit Eric, Sarah, and the kids. I would also occasionally ask Todd what he wanted to do for Valentine's Day, hoping to cover my tracks.

So off we went, on the 5 hour drive to Vegas, with plans to hang out with family. We got there late Friday night with just enough time to visit a little before bed. We spent the next day doing all sorts of fun things with Megan, Jackson, and Sadie. Ad the day wore on, I kept getting more and more nervous that my planning would fall apart. Until finally it was dark, and time to figure out our plans for the night. I lucked out on this one for two reasons. First, because Todd is usually so easy going that he is up for whatever. Second, because I usually have an idea in my head and Todd is easy going enough to go along with it  : )

That night, I was making some suggestions of where to go on the strip. I kept hinting that MGM Grand had a cool club that we should go to. And there were also some shows at nearby casinos if we wanted to do something like that instead. And as I hoped, Todd went along with my plan!!! As we are walking into the MGM and there is a lady at the bottom of the escalators handing out earplugs for kids. I'm pretty sure he was starting to figure out that I had something up my sleeve. I couldn't stand it any longer and pulled out the tickets and said, "Linkin Park!" Hahaha

Right when we got there.  Super excited!!!


We had pretty sweet seats.


A few side notes...I am terrible at making serious faces in pictures!!! Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire arena wearing a color other than black. I'm definitely sure I was the only one wearing pastel purple!!! Good to know for future concerts  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment