February 2011
I flew out to DC to visit my sister and to shop for The Dress. I was pretty sure I had picked out my dress before trying any on, but really, what fun is there in only trying on one dress! I tried on my dream dress first and felt...NOTHING!! Wasn't I supposed to feel butterflies?? Have tears??? A perm-grin?? Maybe I had too high of expectations. Maybe I was overly stressed from working a part-time job, going to school full-time, starting an internship, and planning a wedding ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!
Anywho, I moved on to the next dress, with my hopes dashed. The next few dresses were pretty, fit well, and would fit the beach location. However, my heart just wasn't in it. I will say, should anyone need an honest friend to go dress shopping with, my sister is fantastic! Brutally honest in a loving way that only a sister can offer. She made it much easier than the disaster I was attempting to create.
And then, after thinking about the first dress, my dream dress, the whole time, I decided to put it on one more time, with less expectations. Fortunately for me, a wonderful woman who worked there happened to be walking by as I walked up to the wall of mirrors. She took one look, grabbed a veil and bouquet of fake flowers, got me all situated and said something kind and sweet that a mother might say.
And there were my tears, butterflies, and perm-grin. Stayed tuned for pictures of my dress. (As I wrote this I was searching for pictures of all the "no" dresses, and my OCD self must have erased them...what a shame!)
April 2011
My second mother, Cindy, and adopted cousin Staci, put together quite the party here in AZ! Fun food, great gifts, and amazing friends to spend the day with! We enjoyed each other's company and laughed for hours!!! Thank you Cindy and Staci!!!
May 2011
My dad's wife, Susan, was kind and generous enough to throw a wonderful bridal shower for me in California. It was wonderful to be surrounded by the women I love! Cousins, Aunts, Grandmothers, Sister, Friends : ) what more is there???
She did a wonderful job planning, organizing, and decorating. Such cute invitations and menu cards, as well as fun gifts for the ladies who came. Thank you to all of you who could share this special day with me!!
What a boring post without any pictures!!! Seriously??? Where did I leave my camera that whole time??? I promise pictures in future posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment