Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Skipping ahead...September 2012 - Kauai

I know that stuff happened between December and September. If I think really hard I can remember some of it (Such as my 2nd McClellan reunion). However, I don't have any pictures to prove it or make for an exciting post. That being said, here's our trip to Hawaii!!!

Our first day at the beach. We plated in the waves for hours!

These trees are all over the place! They look like the ones in Jurassic Park.

Our Kayak tour. We went upstream to get to the place to hike.  Pretty tiring but well worth it!

Todd, Kara, Christine, Patrick, & Ryan
They all braved the cold water to go stand under this waterfall, which hurts pretty bad!!!

This was our favorite beach to relax at. Just down the road from the condo and there were volleyball courts too!

Worst. Day. Ever. Ok, maybe not ever, but pretty bad. I get terrible motion sickness. Terrible. Like, lean down in the car to tie my shoe and get sick, motion sickness. So when the group talked about a "boat tour" I was less than psyched. I tried chiming in with other options, like zip-lining or going to the beach. But no, everyone was pumped about the boat tour and I didn't want to spoil it for 5 other people. I know what you're thinking, I thought about it several times. Why would I go on a boat tour? Why not stay home and relax by myself? Well, I'm nuts :)  It's really the only explanation I have. So I took some motion sickness pills, got on the boat, and hoped for the best.

There were spinner dolphins! Super cute and little. The kept pace with us for a little bit, but it was pretty early in the morning and the captain said they were still in morning relaxation stage :)  My kind of dolphins

The coast was beautiful! Although I did spend most of my time watching the horizon, I did catch a few peeks.

Todd, Ryan, Kara, Patrick & Christine snorkeling.
So I attempted to snorkel. I don't really enjoy it because I panic and get anxious about things coming and eating me. It's silly and irrational, especially with a group that large. So I was watching them all out there and it looked like they were having fun. I put my brave pants on and waved Todd over. So he came to meet me at the bottom of the boat where the little bench was, and I had on my flippers and snorkel mask. I then began to panic. I could hear my heavy breathing through the snorkel tube, felt the cold water, and immediately had a small panic attack complete with crying inside my snorkel mask. So that was the end of my snorkeling experience. YAY!

A blow hole!!!

There's a cool lighthouse off in the distance. We got there after it closed so this was as close as we got :)

Queens Bath
SO pretty and can be potentially dangerous when the tide comes in. There were some really cool fish in there. And I actually got in and stuck my snorkel face in the water for about 1 minute. All while clinging to Todd who lovingly laughed at me most of the time. Worth it!

So sweet  :)
We hung out for the sunset at the end of the road. So peaceful.

We went on a bike ride! Super fun! It had poured the night before of some of the morning that we went so it was muddy and muggy. It actually ended up being a sweet combo.


We biked through a plantation type place that also had a putt-putt course. Us girls struggled a bit with the whole shifting-gears aspect. A few of us even had chains that fell off. It made for quite an adventure!

We all survived!
Muddy butts and all :)

Todd taking a shot at long-boarding. He did pretty dang good too. Although the water was pretty choppy which made it hard to stay up for very long.


On the golf course across the street  :)
And now, my favorite picture of the entire trip...












We're pregnant!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have approximately 100 friends that have taken trips to Hawaii in the past year and it is killing me! I can't take any more pictures of paradise.

    So glad you guys had a great time, AND so glad you got such great news!

    ReplyDelete